I believe we all deserve to feel good about ourselves. Some people struggle with this more than others. Something I’ve found very helpful for me, turns out to be one of the top strategies for dealing with mental health on a wider scale.
One of the BEST things you can do to show yourself some love and support is to MOVE your body – regularly and intentionally.
When you exercise regularly, your body just plain FEELS and FUNCTIONS better from the inside out. And it’s not just your body but your mind that feels and functions better. That’s what I’m talking about! Movement is healing.
Here’s a list of just some of the many benefits related to mental health:
1. better mood
2. reduced stress
3. relieves tension in the body and promotes relaxation
4. reduced anxiety
5. reduced depression
6. boosts self-confidence
7. Improved brain health (replenishing blood vessels and brain cells)
8. Improved brain function (slows cognitive decline and improves memory, focus).
9. better sleep (both quality and quantity). When we sleep better, we think better.
10. Increased energy - yup, expend energy to gain energy! When we feel more energetic we just feel better, physically and mentally.
If you want to feel better about yourself, get moving.
Is there anything in this list that you could benefit from?